Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Slow Down!

Listen to this Ministry Message Moment

It’s amazing how many famous phrases people think are in the Bible, which in truth are not. One saying I often hear people use when reassuring one another to give their problems to the Lord is “let go and let God.” Now, my point here is not to be critical but to take this opportunity to further emphasize this encouragement.

Now it’s sound advice to give over all of our worries and works to God. Psalm 55:22 proclaims, “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;” and Proverbs 16:3 (ESV) instructs, “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.” This is essentially, what people mean when they say, “let go and let God.”

It’s kind of like when someone yells at a driver speeding down a residential street, they don’t say, “You are exceeding the posted speed limit for this type of road, please reduce your velocity,” instead they scream, “Slow down!” We use poignant phrases to communicate the essence of a meaning, and often these catchphrases become more memorable than the definitions they represent.

Regardless of how we say it, if anxiety is overwhelming you, give it to the Father. If you are at a loss for how to proceed, pray to God and He will reveal His will for you, and guide you in your steps until they are fulfilled.

(Prayer): Dear Lord, I thank you that I can go to you with both my burdens and my plans. Please help me to always seek you first, so that my footing will be sure and my path secure as you establish your will in my life. In Jesus, mighty name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment