Monday, February 11, 2019

I'm Sooo Tired

Listen to this Ministry Message Moment

One of the most effective drug-free prescriptions doctors give to their patients is the directive to get lots of rest. A good night’s sleep truly can cure a host of things that plague us, from headaches to bad attitudes. Galatians 6:9 (ESV) encourages, “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”

This verse draws the foregone conclusion that we will grow weary (dare I say even “sick and tired”) in our pursuit of the noble walk of obedience. We are gently instructed to keep on keeping on and not lose the long haul, big picture perspective. In just the right time, our righteous endeavoring will be rewarded as long as we don’t give in and give up when the going get’s tough and we tire from the journey.

Matthew 11:28-29 (ESV) invites, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

You see the only cure for weariness is rest. Its simplicity often escapes us, leaving us a worn out empty shell of who we truly are in Christ. Our world was created with the cycle of rest built in every 7th day (our Sabbath) so that we would make this a natural pattern of our living. Rest often, relax in His grace and He will restore our souls.

(Prayer): Father, thank you for making it so easy for us to come to you and find replenishment for our lives. Help me not to exhaust myself to my last energies but to regularly sit at your feet and soak in your presence. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment