Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Help in the Storm

Listen to this Ministry Message Moment

Recently my daughter had her purse stolen at church. The thief then stole her car, drove to her house, and robbed it as well. I cannot tell you how upset I was when I heard about these events. I must admit I was a little angry with God, I even yelled at him saying, “Don’t you know when I pray for protection for my daughter, I also mean her possessions as well?”

Psalm 46:1 (NIV) says, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.” This verse is powerful and very clear when and how God will protect us. The Father never says He will keep us from troubles or calamity, He just promises strength, guidance and the ability to endure them. Jesus told his disciples in John 16:33 (ESV) “…In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Even as I read that verse I’m still a little jaded and want to say sarcastically “potato potata”. Sometimes God’s Word and His ways don’t feel fair and just. We want all of the benefits with none of the hardship. This unfortunately is not reality, nor the genuine nature of the God we serve. However, don’t think for a minute God is unaware of the hardships and sufferings of this world. On the contrary, He knows all, sees everything and is in supreme control of it entirely.

It is this knowledge that should give us comfort and peace. We should rest in the truth that at the right time God will repay justice upon those who perpetrate injustice. God’s command to us is to leave this to Him and love the world with His love.

(Prayer): God, deliver me from my vengeful thoughts and replace them with a heart of forgiveness. Let me love those that have wronged me with your love and learn to see them through your eyes. Thank you for your help in troubled times. In your mighty name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment