Friday, January 25, 2019

Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto

Listen to this Ministry Message Moment.

We should all remember, even the Lone Ranger had Tonto. In Genesis 2:18 (NIV) “The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” God created us not to dwell in isolation. This doesn’t dictate we must be married (although this is a wonderful option) but does indicate that we are encouraged to cultivate close meaningful relationships with one another.

Recently, I had an inpatient dental procedure requiring my wife to remain at the dentist office while I underwent the tooth removal, as she needed to drive me home, since I was given anesthesia, and couldn’t drive myself. I wondered what I would have done if I didn’t have her, I thought I would probably have to hire an Uber driver to wait at the dentist’s office and then drive me home.

We all need friends for more than transporting us to the dentist and helping us move furniture. Proverbs 17:17 (NIV) says, “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Friends, Mates and Amigos are vital, as we all need people to whom we can be real and who in turn will share the truth in love with us. God intended for us to grow in Him and see the reality of this growth as we love and relate to one another.

(Prayer): Lord, thank you for the people you have put in my life. Help me grow deeper in my relationships, so I too may draw closer to you in more meaningful ways. Thank you, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment