Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Angry like the Almighty

Listen to this Ministry Message Moment

I must confess that I often get angry but rarely how the Bible describes in Ephesians 4:26, “Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.” My anger is usually in response to personal inconveniences not righteous injustice, which is a worthy cause for wrath according to God’s Word.

My tyranny most often flares up when I’m driving and those around me don’t meet up with my selfish standards for automotive etiquette. This kind of rage definitely roars down the road toward sin instead of righteous indignation, which is slow to build as it is tempered by the Father’s heart of grace.

Avoiding anger that leads to sin is really a matter of being angry at the right things, that which maligns God’s goodness and attacks His holiness. When our hearts become filled with concern over the perversion of God’s perfection than our anger will be rightly placed when expressed. In so doing, our focus on personal matters, and the resulting sin that comes from self-centeredness, will diminish as we instead focus on God’s righteousness.

(Prayer): Lord help us to love the things you love, hate the things you hate and express anger only in righteous ways. Let selfish concerns decrease as we focus on your goodness and truth. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment